Sunday 18 January 2009

My teaching practice

When I was more or less 10, I decided to study English. Unbelievable? But true ;) As soon as I've got into this college, I wanted to be a teacher of English; I was quite sure of that. And when my first lesson came, I was so stressed out that I thought I wouldn't make it. But, in the end, my supervisor was satisfied with the lesson. So was I. I was nervous just before it, but when the class came in, it all disappeared and I was relaxed and calm. I liked it a lot and I still want to be a teacher. :) Now I can see how hard this job is - I've never really thought about it: preparation, stress, etc., but it's worth it! There's only one thing I would definitely change: the salary ;)

2 comments:

Monika said...

Don't worry - polish government plans to rise teacher's salary :D

Anouk said...

Hey, just wanted to say that was NEVER stressed before a lesson, until it came to the supervised one. Oh my word, I thought I would throw up. It's never happened to me before, that's why I was shocked. I've always been calm before. Anyway, all the negative feelings and tention were gone when I actually entered the classroom. It just shows how much stressful the situation of being graded is. I wasn't nervous before my first lesson (whenever that was), just this observed one.